Casa de Amparo – 15th Annual Holiday Drive
If you’re looking for a meaningful way to give back this holiday season, look no further than your own backyard. Tucked away in the Twin Oaks Valley area of San Marcos, Casa de Amparo is a non-profit organization recognized as a leader in treating and preventing child abuse and neglect in San Diego County and beyond. The beautiful Casa Kids Campus here in San Marcos opened in 2012. It sits on 11.4 acres and the number of children they serve continues to grow each year. With the holiday season upon us, it seems like the perfect time to shine a light on this amazing organization and ways you can help.
Casa de Amparo serves over 1,000 Casa Kids, ages prenatal to 24 through a variety of programs including: residential services, transitional housing, counseling services, family enrichment, parent education and so much more.
The Casa de Amparo 15th Annual Holiday Drive takes place from December 13-20. As you consider your year-end giving, here are some ways you can participate in the 15th Annual Holiday Drive:
- Sponsor an individual casa kid’s wish list. You will receive the name, gender and a brief wishlist for a Casa Kid ages newborn to 25.
- Provide a gift from the general wish list. Your gift from the General Wish List (below) will support Casa Kids’ wishes during the holidays and throughout the year.
- Sponsor a Casa Kid’s Room. You can choose a New Directions Partment, residential Services Bedroom, Child Development Classroom or Family Visitation Therapy Room.
- Give a Cash Gift. Please mail gifts to 325 Buena Creek Rd., San Marcos, CA 92069.
- Build a welcome basket. Every Casa Kid in our Residential Services Program receives a welcome basket filled with most daily living essentials needed to start over: See the General Wish list below under “Welcome Baskets” to see what to include.
Companies and groups are also welcome to host their own holiday drive for Casa Kids. Please contact Tania Paniagua for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or (760) 566-3559.
Please consider making a difference in the lives of the Casa Kids, and in the future of our community. To see a full list of items to donate & instructions for drop off, please visit www.casadeamparo.org or call (760) 754-5500.