Save the date and get your tickets now for the Double Peak Challenge which takes place on October 1. It’s going to be a blast!
Double Peak Challenge is a celebration of outdoor recreation like no other, where trail runners will experience unparalleled beauty from atop North County’s highest point.
Off-road racers will set out from San Elijo Hills Neighborhood Park and begin their 1,176 foot gain up to Double Peak’s summit at 1,558 feet above sea level, winding along beautiful hillside trails with amazing views.
Not up for the full 10K? No worries! Double Peak Challenge also offers a shorter 2-mile course as well as a Trail Trot for kids.
● 10K Challenge timed race, 2-Mile untimed run/walk, kids Trail Trot, virtual runner option
● 10K Challenge Prize Purse – Cash prizes for winner male and female. Amounts TBA
● Race expo and beer garden featuring local San Marcos breweries
● Marching band national anthem and cheer squad on course
● Special race divisions: Heroes (Police, Fire, Military), Teams (Gyms, Work, Families)
● San Marcos Community Services pre-race cardio stretch and warmup
● Yoga Cool Down
● Interactive displays on course, selfie stations
● Ample aid stations
● Professional race photography
● Awards: top 3 overall and 3-deep per age category (10K)
● Medals for all race finishers
The San Marcos Double Peak Challenge event is coordinated by the non-profit Friends of San Marcos Parks and Recreation, which supports the San Marcos Community Services Department and its parks and recreation programming. The City of San Marcos is also supporting this event along with our partners at the San Marcos Unified School District. The intent of the event is to promote the city, parks and recreation programming, health and wellness and The San Marcos Promise for higher education through the San Marcos Unified School District.
Register today at www.doublepeakchallenge.com. You can also purchase event apparel and get all of the details. Sponsorships are also available. Don’t miss it!