This week, Vallecitos’ Board voted to rescind the voluntary drought restrictions under its “Level 1 – Drought Watch.”
Vallecitos customers may irrigate any day of the week with no limit on the number of watering days or minutes needed. However, the Board expressed their desire to sustain water conservation as a permanent way of life. Vallecitos still permanently prohibits wasteful practices, such as:
* Watering between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
* Watering within 48 hours of measurable rain
* Visible signs of irrigation runoff
* Hosing down hardscapes (patios, sidewalks, etc.)
* Not using a shut-off nozzle when washing cars
For more information, a full list of permanent restrictions, and conservation resources, visit: http://www.vwd.org/Home/Components/News/News/2322/18.